Hola friends and family,
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we made it safe and
sound. Not much time, but a few quick notes before signing off…
– Buenos Aires is a modern Euro-flavoured country, nothing at
all like Lima or La Paz.
– That said, you can still easily die while crossing the street
here, as every driver seems to be a maniac.
– It’s HOT. Like in the 90s and humid. Egads, I haven’t sweat
this much since the bad old days of living in Texas.
– Spanish is slowly coming back, but the accent here is funny
and not one that I’m used to.
– I’ve already made an ass out of myself by attempting to open
a bottle with the back end of a pocket knife. The woman
watching me came screeching around her counter with a bottle
opener and chastising me, saying “cuidado, cuidado”.
Alright, more to come later; just wanted to let you know I am
still alive (and survived the 13 hour plane trip).
ps, for those of you who didn’t get my first email, it’s on the
blog at http://www.chizang.net/alex/blog/